Australian Geographic relied on Rysen to deliver an e-commerce experience, to bring its sterling reputation for customer service and expertise to it’s digital audience.
From its humble roots as a bi-monthly magazine publication, Australian Geographic has since grown to become a household name in science and technology education. With multiple publications and over 60 retail stores nation-wide, there was a critical need for a new e-commerce website to streamline its retail operations to a digital audience. Rysen was approached to not only design a new e-commerce shopping experience, but also help modernise and shape the new digital brand.
Placing the customer at the centre of the website’s strategy involved a number of UX-research tasks including:
- Gathering quantitive data through surveys of Australian Geographic customers.
- Conducting interviews of customers to gain qualitative insights.
- Empathy mapping and User Journey workshops, to refine the projects requirements and UX.
These insights helped inform the project’s deliverables which included:
- Industry & competitor research
- User experience (UX) workshops
- Mapping the customer journey
- UX and website recommendations
- Responsive website design and development
- Optimisation of cart and checkout to maximise online conversions
- Customer centric site structure, navigation & functionality
The new website was successful in increasing conversions while providing an improved and streamlined platform for content and marketing. The website’s fresh visual and UX design led it becoming a finalist for the 2019 Inside Retail Customer Experience of the Year & Omnichannel Retailer of the Year awards.